Well, now in the United States we have reached the annual Thanksgiving holiday. A time to get together and feast.
The original significance of Thanksgiving seems to be religious in nature — giving thanks to God for the good stuff in our lives. (Should people who are having wretched lives stage some sort of anti-Thanksgiving? Discuss.)
Now for reasons that longtime readers of Erotic Mad Science will have figured out, I can’t really cotton to anything other than a secular Thanksgiving. Let it not be said that Faustus is an ungrateful fellow. There are many people to whom I’d like to give thanks in this context:
- To the many friends who have given me support and encouragement in starting up this project, most especially Bacchus at ErosBlog, who has been a constant source of support and good advice;
- To my commenters and correspondents here, who have been a source of both friendship and learning;
- To the artists who have graciously accepted my commissions and applied their talents to building what we have here;
- To all the many, many people who have pioneered making their own on the Internet, and who are a source of both encouragement and joy to me;
- To all the engineers and programmers who created this vast system of communications which enables so many communities of erotic interest.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your turkey!